SANUS-Water-Purifier: Water purification kit - 100 ml

SANUS-Water-Purifier: Water purification kit - 100 ml

Your Price: €24.95
Out of Stock.
Part Number:SQ01WPDK

Feature:

04

Water purification drops

Our Water purification drops kit include one bottle (100ml) of sodium chlorite mineral in a pure water and one bottle (100ml) of activator.

  • Fast acting, powerful water disinfectant
  • Kills a wide-range of disease causing micro-organisms
  • Safe and highly effective
  • Removes bad odour and taste
  • Professional food grade Sodium Chlorite mineral
  • ISO 9001 : 2000 certified company

How our Water Purification works?

This water purification solution is Sodium Chlorite mineral and pure water, with a Citric activator. Mixing citric acid and sodium chlorite creates chlorine dioxide (ClO2) – a small but powerful molecule that effectively kills a broad range of pathogenic microorganisms such as fungi, bacteria, virus and other disease-causing organisms.

Mode of action

In aqueous solutions, chlorine dioxide acts as a powerful oxidizing agent, a substance with a strong tendency to attract or gain electrons and get reduced in the process.

As an oxidizer, chlorine dioxide snatches electrons from the harmful micro-organisms. This oxidative attack breaks the molecular bonds that hold together the cellular structures and proteins within the pathogens. The change in the structure and functions of the proteins leaves microorganisms entirely harmless and in no position to cause diseases.

Chlorine dioxide is so powerful that adding one to two drops to a few litres of water is sufficient to kill almost all the challenging pathogens. It is important that you wait for at least 30 minutes after you add the purification drops. What if you are in a hurry? You can fast-track the process by using the citric activator that comes along with your kit.

Steps to use the activator

It is important to first mix the activator in a separate container (a cup or a glass). Then add it to your drinking water. If you are using a pre-mix form of activator, it will be 50% citric acid and 50% distilled water. Add the activator to the water in 1: 1 ratio (that is, add equal amounts of both). For example, for every drop of water add one drop of activator in a glass.

After waiting for about 30 seconds, you will notice that the colour transforms from clear to yellowish brown. At this point, add water to dilute the mixture and it is now ready to clean contaminated water of bacteria, viruses, and parasites.

What is wrong with chlorine as a water disinfectant?

Chlorine, on its own, is quite harmless. However, chlorine forms dangerous disinfection by-products or DBPs when it reacts with amino acids and organic matter naturally present in the water.

The most common DBPs that chlorine forms are Trihalomethanes or THMs (for example chloroform, bromoform and bromodichloromethane); chloramines and haloacetic acids or HAAs.

Our body is not able to easily break-down DBPs and they will be deposited in our fat cells and tissues – leading to toxin build up that keep destroying tissues and organs. More specifically, these by-products cause excessive generation of free radicals – highly volatile and reactive molecules that destroy our delicate cellular fabric and modify the chemical structure and functions of proteins, lipids and DNA of our cells.

These disinfection by-products, THMs in particular, are carcinogenic (cancer-causing) in nature and are known to increase the risk of bladder and rectal cancer. [1] [2]
Besides cancer, drinking chlorinated water over the long-term also increases the risk of heart disease, nervous system disorders, liver damage, asthma, reproductive issues, pre-term delivery, spontaneous abortions and birth defects [3].

In addition, chlorine reacts with ammonia to form chloramines, secondary disinfestation products that are also used to disinfect water. But the fact is chloramines are not only highly ineffective but form even more toxic by-products such as NDMA or nitrosamines. What’s more, chloramines corrode valves and lead pipes – causing lead and other metals to trickle into our drinking water. Lead is a well-known neurotoxin and cause of learning disabilities in children.

It is no surprise that chlorine and other water sanitizers are replaced in favour of chlorine dioxide, which is a better, faster and much more effective method to clean and purify your drinking water.

Why chlorine dioxide is a better alternative?

Chlorine dioxide has been used to treat and purify drinking water for more than sixty years. It has special properties that make it an extremely effective disinfectant against a wide-range of bacteria, viruses and other contaminants.

The good news is that chlorine dioxide is very different from chlorine both in terms of its chemical structure and how it works. (Chlorine not only oxidizes organic matter but also adds chlorine atoms to these organic substances – leading to the formation of toxic chlorine containing compounds.)

  • Doesn’t chlorinate organic matter: Unlike chlorine, chlorine dioxide purely oxidizes organic material rather than chlorinating them. It doesn’t react with ammonia or nitrogen. These qualities cause reduced formation of toxic by-products such as trihalomethanes (THMs), haloacetic acids (HAAs) and other organic compounds that contain chlorine.

  • A highly effective disinfectant: Chlorine dioxide destroys a wide range of harmful bacteria and viruses present in contaminated water including Escherichia coli., cholera, giardia and cryptosporidium. In addition, micro-organisms like giardia and cryptosporidium become resistant to the effect of chlorine over time. But this resistance is not observed when chlorine dioxide is used. It also targets and destroys contaminants like phenols (from industrial run-offs), sulfides, nitrites, manganese and iron in water.

  • Effective even at low concentrations: Even a low dose of chlorine dioxide is enough to destroy pathogens. It also works much faster than chlorine.

  • A selective oxidizer: Chlorine dioxide doesn’t bind to every organic matter in the water. It selectively kills pathogens but doesn’t damage healthy cells and tissues.
  • Effective at a wide pH range: Chlorine dioxide remains an effective disinfectant in a wide range of water pH values (between 4 to 10). Other cleaning agents like chlorine and bromine don’t work as strongly when the pH value of water increases. In addition, chlorine becomes less efficient when water contains more organic material and other chemicals, such as ammonia. Chlorine dioxide doesn’t react with organic matter or ammonia.

  • Removes odour and taste: Chlorine dioxide is highly effective in removing the smell and taste because of the presence of algae and decaying vegetation in water. Chlorine dioxide inactivates chlorophyll without which algae can’t function.


Use our water purification kit to have anytime access to clean and healthy water.

References:

1. R D Morris, A M Audet, I F Angelillo, T C Chalmers, and F Mosteller. Chlorination, chlorination by-products, and cancer: a meta-analysis. American Journal of Public Health. July 1992.
2. Kumari M, Gupta SK, Mishra BK. Multi-exposure cancer and non-cancer risk assessment of trihalomethanes in drinking water supplies - A case study of Eastern region of India. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2015 Mar;113:433-8.
3. Bove F, Shim Y, Zeitz P. Drinking water contaminants and adverse pregnancy outcomes: a review. Environ Health Perspect. 2002 Feb